Thursday 25 January 2007

Calming Sea images







I LOVE the sea and have many happy memories of walking along beaches, sitting on beaches and playing in the sea. I find that just standing on a beach, gulping the beautiful fresh sea air makes me feel better and clears my mind.

Last year, in October around my birthday, we visited a gallery in Gloucestershire and I spotted this beautiful vase, which for me just conjurs up some of the best memories/images of the sea and the countryside rolled into one. It reminded me of many a clifftop walk I have been on, especially in Pembrokeshire in Wales. This little vase reminds me of being in sand dunes or of being on top of a clifftop with greenery and flowers and other wildlife all around, and looking out over the sea. A wonderful feeling. So I just HAD to have this vase and thankfully I got it as a birthday pressie! Yippeee!


1 comment:

Cally said...

I hadn't realised you loved the sea so much. We must go to the beach together in March, I am a sea girl too.