Thursday 25 January 2007

All done!

Well my treatment is all over now for another 4-8 weeks (I never know exactly how long it's going to be as it all depends on how I am). I am SO relieved that I have had it now because I was starting to get a little desperate with feeling so ill. Right now I don't feel brilliant, although I reckon I am already a tiny bit better, so I know that after a few days to a week, I should start to notice the positive results. Hooray! Bring it on!

The treatment day itself was a little bit nightmarish, with long waits until it actually started and then a lot of torturing with needles (they couldn't get the needle in, and rarely can without a fight because apparently I have tiny veins and they are fed up of being mucked about with, but in the end they got an anaesthetist who managed it!). Then I had a reaction to one of the drugs they give me before the infusion, and my veins all swelled up and went red and there was this huge rash, and so in the end they had to miss out on some of that drug and just get on with the infusion. They did it much slower though, to help minimise any nasty reactions. I was there for a while, but at least its all done and dusted.

BTW: apologies for boring anyone reading my blog at the moment. I'm sorry that my posts about my health etc probably doesn't seem very exciting, but as I am still recovering and not feeling that well, I don't have a lot of wildly exciting things to say. But hopefully that will improve as time goes on and I start to be able to live properly again. Love me xx

1 comment:

Cally said...

Wow, I didn't realise you would have such a big break, that's great, and I hope you start feeling the benefits through the week.