Thursday 28 December 2006

A very strange but special christmas

Well, I can't believe how weird it feels to have the chance to stop still and reflect on what has been happening for me these past 3-4 weeks. You see in a space of a month I have become increasingly ill, had an urgent CT scan, been summoned into hospital urgently, underwent my 6th major bowel surgery, got discharged from hospital, then got admitted again after a few days, just managed to get out of there in the nick of time on Christmas eve, AND spent a beautiful few days with my gorgeous cousin, his gal and my boyfriend. Its all a bit mind blowing to tell you the truth! But at the time you just deal with it (I expect you all have had experience of that) and then when you actually get to just stop, the enormity of what you have just been through suddenly hits you like a tonne of bricks. But I am not feeling unhappy about it, just a bit dazed I guess. My head is spinning a bit but I am sure I will get back down to earth soon.

I am still trying to come to terms however with the fact that just up until a few weeks ago I had managed to get my body in reasonable nick and now suddenly I have a huge hole in my tummy (I'm sure other folk have had worse but I have never seen anything like it) and now I have to have a district nurse come in and re-pack and re-dress it everyday. Apparently it could take several months to heal up properly. But I know it will get better, I just need to be patient. Things will be back to normal soon. In the meantime I have been told to REST REST REST, something which I am not too good at, hence why I am writing this when I probably should be in bed. Ooops. Looks like I am heading for another telling off. Tee he.

No comments: